3M 500 Series High Performance Liquid Filter Bags
3M 500 series high performance liquid filter bag incorporates the bypass and transport layer design that maximizes the amount of surface area in each bag. The result is a filter designed to improve performance and reduce operating costs. The filter contains up to 38 square feet of usable filter media. Compare this with only 4.4 square feet for most competitive filter bags and 0.65 square feet for most competitive cartridges.
To make use of this entire surface area, 3M 500 series liquid filter bag is constructed using the Bypass/Transport concept, specially designed bypass holes are cut into certain areas of the filter media to prevent premature blinding of the filter. In conjunction with the bypass design, a second media called a transport layer helps to distribute fluid flow evenly through the filter. The outer layers of the filter provide a highly uniform barrier for final particle filtration. This construction results in very high dirt loading capacity, even at high flow rates. There are no sewn seams used in any of the filtering layers, thus allowing high filtration efficiencies for fine particles.
The Bypass/Transport filter technology is manufactured in a filter bag form to provide additional operational advantages:
- Changeout time – easier and faster, less labor required
- Bag compressibility – easier and less costly disposal
- Contaminant captured inside the bag – easier handling
This product is sold in case quantities only, each case contains 4 bags.
- Melt blown polypropylene microfiber filter media
- 7" OD x 32" L
- Stainless steel ring
- Micron ratings 2.5, 5, 15, and 48 at 99% efficiency
- No silicone is intentionally used in materials of construction or in manufacturing
- The raw materials composing these filters are FDA compliant according to CFR Title 21
- Low initial pressure drop in water
- Acids and Bases
- Carbon Beds
- Completion Fluids
- Deep Wells
- DI Resins
- Groundwater Clean-up
- Machine Coolants
- Makeup Water
- Organic Solvents
- Photo Chemicals
- Plating Solutions
- RO Membranes
- Storm Water
Need a customized quote?
Call or email us to speak with our industry leading sales team: